Do you know what to do with the mould that is around your house? Or do you know how to remove mould? Mould is a big problem –literally- in almost all homes, it comes presented in your drywall, sidings, decks, carpet, the cement lines of your shower and wood that gets dampen in a black form of infestation that can smell earthy, stale and musty and can be slimy, powdery and furry. Mould is kind of microscopic fungi organisms like mushrooms and yeast, they can both be found in the interior and exterior of your home in.

Things like dampness, humidity and warm weather make mould grow because they require a combination oxygen, water and food that is why the first thing we recommend you to do is to remove the possible source of moisture and water from areas that are affected by mould to rectify and prevent its existence. Mould exists to recycle organic material by digesting it the problem is as it grows it destroys what it is growing on; that is why you should treat it as quick as possible. One thing you must always remember is that just because you can’t see mould it does not mean it is not there.

The major problem with mould is that it affects people’s health in a bad way and some of them are even very toxic so take your precautions. They cause health issues by the release of spores into the air that have allergens and other toxins that can cause sinus and nasal congestion, allergies the cause eyes redness and runny noses, throat and skin irritation, trouble breathing and coughing plus it can worsen asthma and other problems like memory loss, head and body aches, nosebleeds, fever and mood swings that include depression.

Now let’s start with some steps you need to do to identify mould in order to remove it – do not forget that mould like mildew do not cause harm but other types of more severe mould cause wood and structures to rot. The mildew kind of moulds are typical found in non-porous or hard surfaces (like tiles, glass and tubs) which make them easy to clean with mixtures of bleach but mould growing in porous materials (like furniture, carpet and drywall/wood) can be a lot harder to handle and can’t be dealt with bleach.

Use your senses, the simplest way to recognise you have a mould problem is if you can smell it or see it. Most cleaning products will take care of minor mould infestations, remember to dry off the areas after treating them and to use covered clothes, goggles and mouthpieces. To correctly spot a mildew infestation put some bleach on top of the affected area, if it does not lighten it is dirt but if it does then you have mildew. The number one rule for mould prevention is to avoid damp areas and use mildewcide in paint. Check our complete website for more tips!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here