Do We know Our Stuff?
As with all our technicians, the carpet colour repair team are all fully trained in their specific specialty trades so you can rest assured that you will only have fully trained and operational technicians that have all completed a wool-safe modular training course and passed the professional re-dying of wool and other fibres courses. These are the colour repair team that will attend your carpet colour repair project.
They have worked extremely hard to ensure that they know everything that needs to be known about this form of repair, how to mix the colours, how much product to use, when and why. Their training allows them to thorough and to be prepared for any surprises that may crop up.
Can We Colour Any Carpet of Any Stain of Any Size?
The South QLD Restoration Professional Colour Repair Service can restore discoloured and stained fabric fibres in your carpets rugs and even some upholstery materials. Colour loss in your carpets can be caused by many things, things such as spilt bleach, urine, sunlight, carpet detergents and just usual wear to the carpets. Of particular note is the heavy traffic areas that get used a lot on a daily basis and they will eventually start to loose colour simply by high use. Some of the fibres that we can repair are as follows:
And so many more which means we can make your carpets and rugs look great again with this new method of repair.
Information and Preparation Process
Clearly, we wouldn’t want to cause any damage to your carpets or rugs so we take all precautions to ensure there is no damage. Possibly the most crucial step would be the one in which technicians will perform a series of tests before hand to ensure your carpets fibres are suitable for this repair technique, one of which will be a burns test. This will require a small fibre from your carpet to be removed (from a far corner somewhere in the house) and burnt, the reaction to the flame will help us determine what kind of carpet you have.
The reactions of different fibres are similar to:
- Wool – Burning Hair
- Cotton – Burning Paper
- Nylon – Celery/Sealing Wax
- Polypropylene – Asphalt/Paraffin
From this test we can ensure that your carpet is suitable to undergo the re-dying process without any damage being caused, it also ensures that your carpet fibre will let the dye attach and become a permanent fix with no colour run if wet and so on.
The kind of spots that can be repaired are as follows:
- Bleached spots
- Acne medication spots
- Spots caused by toilet bowl cleaners
- Spots caused by new chlorinated cleaners
- Sun faded spots near patio doors
- Urine spots
- Ozone faded spots
- Spots caused by pollution
- Spots caused by harsh cleaning chemicals especially when not rinsed out correctly
The Carpet Colour Repair Process
We have all the required equipment to mix and achieve the best colour match dye for your carpets. So now we will begin as previously noted with a burn test. We will then follow our steps depending on what the fibres are made off, for example colour repair for:
Wool and Nylon Carpet Fibres:
- Add dye
- Add Nylon or Wool inex product with 120ml Hot water
- Add Dye penetrant with 120ml Hot water
- Keep it Hot
- Add Bleach neutralizer if needed
- Use low PH cleaner to rinse this away
- Apply Saline solution to the spot and dry
- Mix up the Dye very hot and keep hot
- Apply Dye to Saline treated area until a match is achieved
- Dry to damp and blot with cotton dyes wetting agent and dry
As you can see some require a different set of steps to others. However practical tips are the same for all fibres.
- Always start at the edge of the spot
- Slightly dampen the fibres surrounding the spot (avoiding colour being absorbed where not needed)
- Keep blotting at all times
- Dry as you go (colour will appear darker whilst wet)
We have achieved some Amazing result using this re-dying kit and technique, and as always we aim for 100 percent customer satisfaction every time.
For further information, please call us on 1300 762 021 for a quick chat or, if you prefer, fill out our enquiry form and one of our experienced team will get back to soon after reading your enquiry.